Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday at Our House!


I can't say that I am crafty like one of my blogger buddies. I am so far behind on my scrapbooking that I am scared to open the cabinet where I keep my unfinished projects. I don't bake either like my friend Amy. Since I am a Cajun from Louisiana, cooking is what I do best. Mom and dad brought some shrimp when they came. I decided to cook them on Sunday. I started peeling them and saw that I had enough to keep the peel on some and boil them up. As I was working on the shrimp, Michael fried some green tomatoes. It wasn't easy to get this picture. Michael and my dad were wondering why I was taking their treats. You always think that you have enough of this cajun delight, but you never do. We put some remoulade sauce on the side for dipping. We weren't done when these goodies were devoured. I used the peeled shrimp to make shrimp creole! I even made my roux from scratch! C'est Bon!!

3 comments:

amy said...

That looks so yummy! I always try to convince myself that shrimp feel no pain so I can eat them. They always look so delicious.

Stacia said...

You really have the best talent because my husband has no care when I do things around the house, but to cook....that brings pure joy to a man! Darren just cringes everytime I bring new shopping bags in :-) That food looked great!! You should have a Cajun party so we can all come get a taste!!

Dee Gilchrist said...

Even your mom said that she didn't make her own roux anymore! But you're right, we all love Cajun food. Your Uncle Art loved to make chicken gumbo--and we all loved to eat it. (Now! cleaning up the kitchen after him was something else, and that was my job!)