Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pizza Time


We have always loved thin crust pizza, but have a hard time finding a place that makes it just like we like it. We can thank Tower Pizza in Metairie, LA for spoiling us!! I know my new secret weapon has always been on the shelf at the grocery store--it just took me a long time to realize that great crust can be 'instant' and not have to rise for hours on the cabinet. I have discovered Martha White crust mix. It is super-cheap (66 cents) and only calls for one ingredient..water. I can get 3 pizzas that are about 12 inches round out of each pouch of mix...we like it paper thin. This is my pizza. I like a little sauce, sliced tomatoes, feta cheese and a little sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Michael likes meat and peppers on his. I make Ben one with cheese and pepperoni. It is actually the most crisp one because it only has two toppings beside the sauce. The crust is great for kids. You can cut it in slices and it holds its shape so their little hands can pick up the whole piece. I figured out that if you use the least amount of water, the crispier the crust. So, don't even use the full amount called for on the package. Give it a try and let me know how fast your family devours it!!

2 comments:

Poncho said...

Mmm! That looks delicious! Your pan also look a lot like mine. :)

anniep said...

Yummy! I'll have to try this. I used to be a thick crust girl but Tony has been luring me to the dark and thin side of the pizza. :)