Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Snack Bar!




I was looking on my mom's card in her camera and I found this picture that I forgot that I had taken. Every one of the grandchildren has sat at the snack bar at my grandmas and watched her cook. This has got to be where I learned how to make good food. Mo Mo makes everyone their favorite..some like peas, some like pork-n-beans, some like cabbage. She knows what every grandchild, great-grandchild and great-great-grandchild likes and makes sure to have it all cooked when it is time to eat. It looks like we were having gumbo in the picture of Ben sitting at the snack bar. Of course, some don't like okra in the gumbo, so it is always on the side. I personally like gizzards in my gumbo. Mo Mo is still cooking on that old stove in Louisiana.


2 comments:

Stacia said...

Don't you love how grandma's can make everybody feel special?!? And getting a picture of Ben at the 'snack bar' is priceless. Memeories like that are what counts. My memaw had an old wooden high chair that all 8 of us were fed out of and now all her greatgrandchildren (14) have used it too! You bet I've got pics :-)

Sarah said...

That is so sweet. It reminded me of sitting in my Granny's kitchen. Now I know where you get all your cooking skills from. It looks like you have kept your parents busy during their visit. I'm sure Ben is in heaven. I can't believe your husband can make fried green tomatoes. They're my favorite. He's a keeper.