Saturday, November 1, 2008

Yummy Chicken Tacos

I found this recipe on a blog and it sounded good to me....We made it tonight and Michael gave it 2 thumbs up!! For the record---he is VERY picky!!! I just copied the recipe from the blog...but I cheated. I put the chicken on high and cut the time in half. I followed the rest of the directions just like they are posted.

Lime Chicken Tacos
1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup chunky salsa
12 flour tortillas (6 in) warmed
Sour Cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and lettuce (optional).
Place chicken in 3 quart slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred and return to slow cooker. Stir in corn and salsa. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve tortillas with sour cream, cheese, and lettuce, if desired.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds really good and easy too. Too bad Larry won't eat it. He thinks corn is the evilest vegetable. I might have to try it anyway and let Chef Boyardee cook his dinner ;)