Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Trip to Louisiana

We spent a week in Jennings at my parents and here are some of our favorite pictures from our trip!
This crawfish has been in front of this restaurant for as long as I can remember.
Mo Mo, Mom, Ben and I at the Lorraine Bridge. It is an old wooden bridge that is still in use.

Who doesn't love sitting on a swing in the shade??
We spent a day out at the Laccassine National Wildlife Refuge. We got to see an alligator after I took this picture of my dad and Ben at the end of a pier that went out over the swamp.

Leave it to my dad to know where someone is emptying crawfish traps in the middle of nowhere. We got to get on the boat and motor through the flooded rice fields and empty traps that were full of live crawfish.
Ben was able to see if he could catch a crab at the Laccassine NWR...no luck though. Farther down the road he did get to watch a man catch some the same way...raw chicken at the end of string!
This was one of the many fires we built to roast marshmallows. It was Ben's first time and he loved them!
More crawfish--He was trying to peel them. He did a good job, but decided that it was easier to let me peel them and he would just stand there with his mouth wide open.

No comments: